Can I enter Canada if I have a criminal record, but I’m a performing artist?

Can I enter Canada if I have a criminal record, but I’m a performing artist

There may be solutions for performing artists to overcome criminal inadmissibility to Canada.
If you’ve got a criminal record, it’s doubtless that you just will encounter problems coming into Canada. If you’re a foreign national who has been guilty of an offense or arrested, you’ll be criminally inadmissible to Canada. regardless of the reason for travel, a person with a criminal record is subject to Canada’s strict entry requirements.

Inadmissibility problems will arise once foreign national artists need to come to Canada temporarily for shows or performances. Fame and fortune by no suggests that guarantee entry into Canada. many celebrities are denied entry over the last few years, together with singers, actors, comedians and even members of their supporting crew.
Fortunately, there is also solutions accessible to you as long as you prepare prior to. depending on the nature of your crime and therefore the time passed since your most recent offense, there are temporary and permanent solutions to deal with the problem of criminal inadmissibility.

Get Canada Immigration From India

There are 3 main ways in which to overcome criminal unacceptability to Canada:

Criminal Rehabilitation application
Temporary Resident permit application
Legal Opinion Letter

Criminal Rehabilitation application
If it’s been a minimum of 5 years since the completion of the imposed sentence, an individual will submit an application for criminal rehabilitation. This application permanently clears your past criminal history for the purpose of coming into Canada. Upon receiving approval for criminal rehabilitation, the individual can not be considered inadmissible to Canada.

In order to be eligible for criminal rehabilitation, you need to meet the following criteria:

Five years should have passed since the completion of your sentence. This includes jail time, fines, community service or probation.
You must have committed an act outside of Canada that would be similar to an offence under the Canadian Criminal Code.
You must have been guilty of or admitted to committing the act.

Temporary Resident permit application
If it’s been less than 5 years since the completion of the imposed sentence, an individual will instead apply for a temporary Resident permit (TRP). This application grants temporary access to Canada for a certain amount of time. A TRP is given in situations where a traveller has a valid reason for coming into Canada and therefore the benefits of their entry outweigh any risks to Canadian society.

A TRP are often granted for up to three years, depending on the explanations for entry, and does not need the completion of a criminal sentence.

Legal Opinion Letter
A legal opinion letter, that is written by a Canadian immigration lawyer, can explain the consequences of a conviction for Canadian immigration purposes. it’ll refer to relevant sections of Canadian law to assist the official decide a way to reply to charges and how different outcomes (conviction, sentencing, etc.) would have an effect on the traveller’s ability to come to Canada. the results of inadmissibility will have severe effects on employment in addition as ability to see members of the family in Canada, that the letter will appeal to a judge’s compassion and be taken into thought when deciding on an outcome.

What kind of offense requires no application?
If someone was convicted of one indictable offense or two summary offenses, and therefore the equivalent Canadian offense doesn’t carry a most sentence of ten years or more and quite ten years have progress since the sentence has been completed, they might be deemed rehabilitated. No application is needed, though it’s recommended to own a legal opinion written by a lawyer.

In addition, some sentences aren’t considered convictions for the purposes of Canadian immigration. A Canadian immigration professional will advise whether or not their case resulted in a conviction for the purposes of Canadian immigration and might also draft a legal opinion.

If you’re a performer and wish to come to Canada and want to overcome criminal inadmissibility, a Canadian immigration professional will guide you. they’ll sit down with you to identify the past path forward, whether or not it’s criminal rehabilitation, a TRP or drafting an appropriate legal opinion letter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *