Australia visa Subclass 400


The Australia visa subclass 400 is a short term visa or temporary work visa which is quickly issued to overseas employ workers who are urgently required for specialist level work in Australia. Its all about It much easier obtaining a Subclass 400 visa than, for example, a Subclass 457 Temporary skilled work visa.

In order to be granted a six month visa, you will Require to put forward a strong business case detailing the reason for the extended stay. The Immigration Department  will consider the following when deciding to grant the six month extended visa period:

  • The number of Australian workers employed on the project, 
  • The salary of the applicant, and whether they meet local labour market requirements
  • The size, nature and duration of the project to be carried out, and its impact to the local community
  • Whether there is time available for an Australian worker to be trained to carry out the proposed work

If Above all conditions are met then the Australian Government will consider granting the extended six month visa period.

Temporary Work visa (subclass 400)

Key Features :

This visa is for those who want to travel to  Australia :

  • do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
  • in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests. ​

Generally the stay period allowed is up to three months but up to six months may be considered in limited circumstances if supported by a strong business case.


  • Should be invited, or supported, by the organisation you will be working for
  • Must have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that is needed but cannot be found in Australia


  • stay in Australia while your visa is valid (generally up to three months, but up to six months may be allowed in limited circumstances)
  • do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work for which you were granted the visa
  • in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests
  • bring members of your family with you to Australia, if they meet the requirements for including family members in your application. Your family members will not be allowed to work in Australia
  • If you are granted a single entry visa, you will only be allowed to enter Australia once. If so, you will need to apply for a new visa if you want to return to Australia after you leave.
  • If you are granted a multiple entry visa, you will be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid. If you need to make a number of return visits during your period of stay you should tell us in the visa application form, including the reason why you need to make the return visits to Australia.
  • Your stay period begins on the day you first enter Australia. Re-entering Australia does not start a new period of stay.

For Further information or to apply for this visa please fill the Free visa Assessment form or email us to

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *