Microbiologists are in huge demand in Canada, if you are working as a microbiologist and looking for overseas opportunities, Canada is best choice. Candidate can move to Canada under Canada Permanent resident visa which is called Canada immigration. This is the only way to work and settle in Canada for long run. Microbiologists study the growth and characteristics of micro-organisms, such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites, and how they interact with the environment. Microbiologists develop medical and industrial applications in fields such as the food processing industry. Medical Microbiologists on the other hand understand the role of these microbes in diseases and the antibiotics which control their activity.
How can I become a Microbiologist in Canada?
The NOC code for Microbiologist and Biologists is NOC 2121. To work in Canada, candidate must have BSC or MSC in microbiology. They must write the RMCCM examination also to work as licensed microbiologist.
What is the demand for microbiologists?
The demand for microbiologists in Canada is increasing day by day it has grown to 5% from 2020 to 2030, slower than the average for all occupations. Almost 2,000 job openings are increasing for microbiologists each year. They have very high demand in all the sectors like Labs, Universities, research institutes and industrial companies, to investigate microbes in fieldwork.
Average Salary of Microbiologist in Canada
The average Salary of a Microbiologist is $88,828 a year and $45 an hour in Canada. The average salary range for a Microbiologist is between $67,105 and $115,. for a Microbiologist a minimum Bachelor’s Degree is mandatory to work in Canada.
- Cell biologist
- Marine biologist
- Molecular biologist
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan and conduct studies of the environment, and of the population, distribution, structure and functional characteristics and behaviour of plants and animals
- Conduct ecological and environmental impact studies and prepare reports
- Study, identify and classify plant and animal specimens
- Conduct experiments in plant or animal growth, heredity and breeding
- Prepare reports and plans for management of renewable resources
- May supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists.
Microbiologists and cell and molecular biologists
- Conduct research into the structure, function, ecology, biotechnology and genetics of micro-organisms, including bacteria, fungi, protozoans, and algae
- Conduct research into the structure and functioning of human, animal and plant tissues and cells
- Conduct studies into the identification, effects and control of human, plant and animal pathogens and toxins
- Conduct clinical or laboratory studies to test, evaluate and screen drugs, pharmaceuticals and nanoparticles used in biomedical applications
- Conduct molecular or biochemical studies and experiments in genetic expression, gene manipulation and recombinant DNA technology to develop new or alternative methods of producing products
- Conduct research in biotechnology to discover, develop and refine, and evaluate new products
- May participate in the commercialization of new products
- May supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists
- May conduct biostatistical data analysis using computer modelling techniques.
Biologists and related scientists may specialize at the macroscopic level, in fields such as botany, zoology, ecology and marine biology or, at the cellular and molecular level, in fields such as genetics, immunology, pharmacology, toxicology, physiology, pathology, bacteriology, virology, biotechnology and bioinformatics.
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or in a related discipline is required for biologists.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in biology or a related discipline is required for employment as a research scientist in biology.
- Post-doctoral research experience is usually required before employment in academic departments or research institutions.
- Biologists are regulated in Alberta and British Columbia.
We Suggest you
- Architecture and science managers (0212)
- Biochemists (in 2112 Chemists)
- Specialists in laboratory medicine (in 3111 Specialist physicians)
- Clinical immunologists (in 3111 Specialist physicians)
Are you interested in immigrating to Canada, but not sure how to do it? Whether you want to make Canada your temporary or permanent home, it is important to get access to the most up-to-date information. World Overseas Immigration provide you best guidance, if you have any query you can fill the side bar form or you can call or whatsapp us on 8448490104 or just mail us your query at firstname.lastname@example.org
World overseas immigration consultancy’s office is in South Delhi, Malviya Nagar. You can come to the office directly for any immigration process query. But it will be beneficial for you to complete your Free Visa Assessment before the meeting. So that the consultant has all the knowledge about your profile and he can guide you properly.