Subclass 491 is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia. subclass 491 visa, Under Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass-491 visa applicant will be able to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years with their family. Visa holders will be eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence visa after three years. This visa will be accessible for more people; with over 500 new occupations eligible under the new 491 visa. Moreover, the definition of regional Australia will be simplified and broadened to include all areas of Australia except the metropolitan areas of; Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Perth.
Salient features of Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa:
- The visa is valid for a period of 5 years which was earlier than 4 years.
- Visa holders of new provisional visas must complete a minimum of three years in a designated territorial area to apply for other general skilled migration visas for the Australia PR visa.
- According to the new conditions imposed by the government, visa holders have to:
- Only live, work and study in designated regional areas and, if employer-sponsored, only in designated status.
- Notify the immigration department within 14 days of any change or correction in the visa holder’s details and, if requested, must provide proof within 28 days.
- If requested, attend an interview with the immigration department
- Visa holders can move between regional areas (except Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Perth).
- Every year 16,000 places will be allocated with 504 eligible occupations (77 more than closest non-regional equivalent visas).
What are the eligibility criteria to apply under the new subclass 491 visa?
- You must be below age 45.
- You must have a Competent level of English (or equivalent).
- You must provide a valid skills assessment in relation to the occupation for which you are seeking the nomination.
- minimum of 65 points will be required as per all other GSM Points-tested visas;
- Your CV should be no more than four pages long
- Your occupation must be listed on the Commonwealth’s skilled occupation lists.
- To check if your occupation is eligible for the subclass 491 visa, please refer to the occupation list Australia Sub class 491.
- A Confirmation of Employment Statement
- A signed contract/letter of offer which includes your employer’s Australian Business Number (ABN) and contract details.
What is the processing fee for Sub class 491?
- DHA Fee (main applicant) $4,045
- Spouse is: $2,025
For Further information or to apply for this visa please fill the Free visa Assessment form or email us to email@example.com