237 immigration candidates have been invited to apply for a provincial nomination from British Columbia on May 7.
Provincial score requirements varied depending on the subcategory.
The two subcategories included in the draw under the Express Entry BC stream were:
- Skilled Worker, which required a provincial score of 108; and
- International Graduate, which required a provincial score of 106.
These candidates had valid profiles in the federal Express Entry system. If they successfully receive the provincial nomination they will be effectively guaranteed to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence in a federal Express Entry draw.
There were three subcategories included under the Skills Immigration stream such as:
- Skilled Worker, which required a provincial score of 102
- International Graduate, which required a provincial score of 106
- Entry-Level and Semi-skilled, which required a provincial score of 83
This invitation round was affected by the impact of coronavirus on B.C. businesses. A number of sales and service occupations were not included in the draw.
Candidates who received an invitation to apply now have up to 30 calendar days from the day they receive their invitation to submit a complete application to the BC PNP for the provincial nomination.