Job offer for Chartered Accountants in Canada
look at the number of people immigrating there, you will understand why it is such a hot immigration destination. Not only does Canada have a very diverse and growing economy, it also has a very liberal government. Countless people from all over the world immigrate to Canada every year and start their dream lives. You can be among the lucky ones to enjoy a wonderful life in one of the best countries in the Western world.
- Canada is one of the most liberal countries in the world.
- It has a massive immigrant population and a very large segment of that I constituted by Indian immigrants.
- Canada is inviting over 1,000,000 new immigrants till 2020.
- The Canada immigration process is simple, easy and effective and requires no money spending until you are invited to apply.
- You can move to Canada even without a job if you have the right qualifications and work experience.
- Canada has a booming economy which offers many lucrative job opportunities to skilled workers.
- Canada offers immigrants the chance to become Permanent Residents right from the start.
- As a PR you can enjoy many benefits such as free schooling for your children and free healthcare for your entire family.
Just like CAs in India, there are Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) in Canada. CPA is the main governing body for this profession and it issues certificates to professionals who are able to clear its testing regimen. If you want to move to Canada in 2019 and work there as a professional, then you will need to go through the CPA certification process.
You can choose to do this either after you have move to Canada or before. However, for the sake of being sensible, it is advised that you get your certification before you plan to move to Canada. Once you have the CPA certification, you will need to go through the Canada immigration application process in 2019. Read through the following to know the procedure and how to apply for Canada immigration in 2019 as a Chartered Accountant:
Canada offers multiple streams for immigration depending upon the nature of your immigration, you qualifications and the provinces you want to move to. Here is a breakdown of the total Canada immigration process in 2019.
Express Entry Program
This is the national federal immigration pathway and works based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Under this system, your personal attributes such as age, educational qualification, work experience, language ability, valid job offer etc. are assessed and given points. Based on the points allotted you might get selected for immigration to Canada if you are above the immigration cut-off. While there are also many ways to immigrate to Canada in 2018, there are two main pathways by which Indians can do so. These are:
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
This immigration pathway is meant for those skilled individuals who want to move to Canada and take up jobs there. For this, you will need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of working experience. You must also have a good IELTS score that proves your English language ability is good enough to work in Canada. Normally, you need to have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer to get selected for immigration to Canada.
The occupation in-demand stream is ideal for those who want to move to Canada without a job offer. You can apply through this stream only if your job is in high demand in Canada. Since you are probably a chartered accountant, you can rest assured that there is a high demand for your skill in the country. However, it would also be smart to check out the National Occupations Classification (NOC) list for which provinces have the highest demand for your profession to better apply for immigration to Canada in 2018. In order to get selected for immigration through this stream, you will also need a Proof of Funds which shows that you can support yourself and your family members for at least 3 months in Canada.
Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)
Each province of Canada has its own immigration program to offer. These programs are meant for those who cannot normally get into Canada through the Express Entry program or simply want to move to a particular province. A big advantage with this immigration pathway is that the requirements for getting selected are lower as compared to the national federal Express Entry program.
PNPs also have two separate streams for immigration like Express Entry. The process is quite similar but before you apply for immigration any province, you should consult without immigration experts at Nationwide Immigration in order to get the real picture. Once you are selected, you will get 600 points towards your Canada immigration application in the Express Entry program and this will guarantee your selection for immigration in the next Express Entry draws.
- First, go online to the IRCC website and fill out the Express Entry immigration application form. You will need to provide details about yourself like age, educational qualification, work experience, language ability, family in Canada etc.
- Once you have filled out these details, you will get a CRS score and based on that your eligibility for immigration will be checked.
- After getting the CRS score and submitting the right documents, your profile will automatically be entered into the Express Entry job pool. You can use this pool to search for potential employers all across Canada.
- Now that you have applied for Canada immigration through Express Entry, you can apply for a PNP. Check out the NOC list for the province that you want to move to in order to see if CAs are in high demand. Provinces like British Columbia, Ontario, Alberta etc. currently have CAs in demand, so apply for them.
- When applying for PNP, you will again need to fill out a form similar to the Express Entry program. Again, you will be given a certain CRS score to gauge your eligibility for immigration to the province.
- If you are selected for immigration through PNP, you will get a PNP nomination and get an invitation to apply the next time Express Entry draws are held.
- In case you didn’t apply for PNP, you can still get an invitation to apply or ITA if your CRS score is above the cut-off for the latest draws.
- Once you have the ITA, you can apply for a Canada PR visa to the IRCC within 90 days of getting the ITA.
- After getting the PR visa, you will have 1 year to move to Canada. Once you arrive there, you and anyone coming along with you will go through a medical clearance test as well as a police certification.