Ontario invited managers, health care workers- 27th July
On 27th July, Ontario invited Express Entry candidates with work experience in one of 18 occupations. Ontario invited 1,031 Express Entry candidates with work experience in certain occupations to apply for a provincial nomination. All 1,031 invited candidates had profiles in the Express Entry system with Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores between 458 and 467.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) invited these candidates because they may be eligible for the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP). This Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) gives foreign workers the opportunity to make Canada’s most populous province their new home.
In this draw, the OINP invited Express Entry candidates to apply for the provincial nomination if they had work experience in one of the following 18 occupations listed on order of their National Occupational Classification (NOC) code:
- NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
- NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
- NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
- NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
- NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 0711 – Construction managers
- NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
- NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
- NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
- NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
To get an invitation from Canada RCIC candidates need to have at least one year of work experience in one of these occupations in order to receive the provincial nomination. If they are nominated under this, or any other Express Entry-linked PNP, they will be bumped to the front of the line to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
What is Express Entry system?
Express Entry is an application management system for three Federal High Skilled immigration programs:
Once in the Express Entry pool of candidates, IRCC awards points to candidates based on their human capital factors such as age, work experience, education, language ability in English or French, and other factors. The highest scoring candidates are then invited to apply in an Express Entry draw. Express Entry candidates who receive a nomination from a PNP automatically get an additional 600 CRS points toward their overall score. This effectively guarantees that they will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in a subsequent Express Entry draw.