New condition applied to some health care related occupations in the WA state nomination.
The occupation list 2020 of WA has introduced a new category that applies to some health-care sector occupations. WA state nomination has announced that following occupations are subject to the \"Regional WA only category\".
253111 General Practitioner
254413 Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
254414 Registered Nurse (Community Health)
254415 Registered Nurse (Critical care and Emergency)
254422 Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
254423 Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
251511 Hospital Pharmacist
All the occupations that fall under the \"Regional WA only\" category must have an offer letter or the contract of employment from a regional area to be able to apply for Graduate stream or General stream. This condition is applicable to both the visas: 190 visa as well as 491 visa.
Following postcodes are considered as the regional areas for this category: 6041 to 6044, 6084, 6207, 6213, 6215 to 6537, and 6560 to 6770.
Applicants who have a nominated occupation identified on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list (WASMOL) or Graduate occupation list (GOL) may be eligible for Western Australian State nomination using one of the following visa subclasses:
WA State nomination migration program process and requirements
Candidates may be nominated by the Western Australian Government under two streams: •
Process details step by step for WA
- Submit an Expression of Interest on the Department of Home Affairs’
- Meet the Department of Home Affairs’ eligibility requirements for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) or Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- The pass mark is currently 65 points.
- If an invitation is issued, the applicant has 28 days in which to apply for State nomination and successfully complete the online research tool during the application process.
- If State nomination is approved, Migration Services will nominate the Expression of Interest in SkillSelect, which will enable the applicant to receive an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs to lodge a visa application
Western Australian State nomination minimum requirements
- To get an invitation to apply for the State nomination General stream, candidates must
- have an occupation listed as available and eligible for the intended visa subclass on the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL)
- give evidence of work experience in the Expression of Interest – this requirement can be met through:
- at least one year of Australian work experience in the nominated (or closely related5 ) occupation over the last 10 years;
- at least three years of overseas work experience in the nominated (or closely related5 ) occupation over the last 10 years;
- meet the following minimum English language requirements: for all other eligible occupations an English language level of ‘competent’6 must be obtained;
Western Australian State nomination – additional requirements
Subclass 190 visa – Provide evidence showing sufficient funds to cover settlement costs and living costs for at least three months.
Subclass 491 visa – Provide evidence showing sufficient funds to cover settlement costs and living costs for at least three months.